An overview of how to set up your Permutive Campaigns to ensure scale and performance is achieved across both cookie-based and cookieless environments.
Initial Set Up of a Permutive Deal
To achieve the best possible reach and performance across Permutive deals, please set up these PMP deals on their own individual parent campaign with their own assigned media budget.
Permutive deals leverage our existing data connections to maximise reach and scale outside of traditional cookie-based audiences and data measurement methods.
Setting these deals up within an individual campaign in your DSP will allow you to tailor the campaign set-up to achieve success within the responsible web and minimise the impact on scale from additional targeting requirements in the open web.
Please share the standard setup parameters you are using for keywords, content categories and site lists with your CSM ahead of activation setup. This allows us to proactively identify possible blockers to ensure the best possible performance and scale for your Permutive deals.
In case of any additional brand safety questions for deal setup, please consult the Media Quality on the Responsible Web guide - please consult your CSM ahead of activation in case of additional queries outside of the resource.
Please check for any inclusion/exclusion site lists that may have been applied as standard practice. For each deal connection, inventory will only be supplied from your chosen publishers, so please ensure their domains are also allowed on any site lists applied.
For optimal performance, please ensure all frequency capping is set as part of cohort creation within the Permutive Advertiser platform, where we request that frequency capping is not applied and overlaid in your DSP settings.
- Why? - Frequency caps running within DSP setups rely on cross-domain tracking to control and limit the times a user is shown an ad, where setting any DSP frequency cap will limit delivery to cookie environments where this can be measured.
- Permutive’s privacy-first, 1PD cohorts enable advertisers to pivot away from 3rd party cookies and cookie-reliant browser environments, by setting frequency controls as part of the audience cohort creation process.
- If your campaign setup does require it as a mandatory frequency DSP setting, please reach out to your CSM who will advise on best practice deployment for your deals.
Please ensure that your creatives have been reviewed and approved for use in Xandr and Google Ad Manager. You can view the creatives individually and check the audit status or you can view the assigned creatives at the individual line item stage when setting up your campaign.
CPMs and Bidding (Floor Prices)
Publishers define their own floor prices for Permutive deals. As such you need to ensure you are bidding the floor price in order to access scale. For campaigns which involve many publishers, we suggest bidding within a range. If the campaign is a one-to-one advertiser-publisher deal, please ensure you are bidding at the floor price + 20% as a minimum to account for any tech fees.
For Permutive to drive the best possible scale and performance for you across browsers and cohorts within our deal setup, please ensure no conversion tracking is being used to optimise your campaign setups or KPIs.
- Why? - Tracking and optimisations towards a conversion point are reliant on third-party cookies to effectively measure user conversion performance across domain and device, where these setups will typically leverage delivery only towards 3rd party cookie-trackable environments/browsers such as Chrome.
Permutive deals include all targeting. Additional targeting or verification tools overlaid on top of these deals may limit delivery, so please confirm any additional targeting you wish to activate as part of setup to your CSM ahead of going live.
Examples of this may include:
- Demographic targeting/exclusions
- 3rd Party audience targeting/exclusions
- Existing user suppression segments
- 3rd party measurement tools
Why? - Additional verification layers may require cookies in order to deliver, measure or verify the additional audience you are looking to target, where implementation may affect delivery bias towards only the 30% of the open web where this measurement is possible.
Complete Set-Up Guide
For details on how to set up PMPs using Permutive deals, review the following guides.